Call for Artists
Exhibition Title: “Picturing Main Street”
Dates: May 15, 2014 to June 13, 2014
Artist Opening Reception: Third Thursday May 15, 2014 6–9pm
Subject Matter: “Picturing Main Street” showcases both Orlando’s artists and the city’s eight Main Street districts: Audubon Garden District, Church Street, College Park Partnership, Downtown South, Ivanhoe Village, Mills50, Semoran Business Partnership, and Thornton Park. (Please see map here.) Participating artist must produce one or more works depicting their vision of one or more of Orlando’s Main Street districts. Participating artists need not live or work in a Main Street district, but submittals must depict an artistic vision of the people, places, things, or happenings unique to that Main Street district. Picturing Main Street’s producers may also at their discretion accept additional pieces for display from selected artists.
Electronic Submission Deadline: March 15, 2014 Submissions are to be made electronically to the selection committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions shall include high resolution JPG images of the submitted work along with the following information:
- Artists name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Name of piece
- Main Street district depicted
The selection committee will inform artists whether their pieces are selected by April 15, 2014. Art work will need to be dropped off at CityArts Factory with the attached submission form on the dates listed below. Art work needs to be labeled with your name and the title of the piece on the back and be wired and ready to hang.
Art Drop off Dates: Saturday, May 10, Monday, May 12and Tuesday May 13, 2014 between the hours of 11:00 AM–6:00 PM. (Including completed submission form)
Art Pick up Dates: Saturday June 14 or Monday June 16, 2014 between the hours of 11:00 AM-6:00 PM.
- All art work MUST be labeled on the back of each piece with the following information: Artist’s Name, and Title. Art work must be wired and ready to hang.
- It is recommended you supply a short artist bio or statement with entry form for our records.
- Please provide completed submission form.
- All work must be original.
- Art work must be framed and ready for hanging or display.
- It is recommended that the artist attend the Third Thursday opening.
- CityArts Factory will reconcile all sales within 10 days of the show closing. Artist should include legal name on submission if different from working name.
- After-show closing, all work must be picked up on the day(s) indicated for pickup. CityArts Factory, the Picturing Main Street Producers or the individual Main Street Districts are not responsible for damage during storage to any work not picked up after posted pick up dates. Any art not picked up within 14 days of the show closure will become the property of CityArts Factory.
- CityArts Factory and the Picturing Main Street Producers will make every effort to carefully handle and protect work, however, CityArts Factory, the Picturing Main Street Producers or the individual Main Street Districts cannot be held liable for damage to work or any personal injury sustained while participating at CityArts Factory.
- Neither CityArts Factory, the Picturing Main Street Producers, the individual Main Street Districts nor the Downtown Arts District, Inc. is liable for theft of any work displayed within the premises. CAF and DAD will make every reasonable effort to maintain a secure premise for our artists.
- Neither CityArts Factory, the Picturing Main Street Producers, the individual Main Street Districts nor the Downtown Arts District insures any art work displayed. Artists are welcome to provide their own insurance.